Located at the center of North Carolina and the midpoint of the East Coast, PTI is strategically positioned at the hub of the dynamic Piedmont Triad region, situated between the cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point where I-40, I-85 and the future I-73 and I-74 converge. More than 4.5 million people live within a 90-minute drive of PTIA.
Piedmont Triad International Airport is part of a 4,000-acre campus, home to more than 50 companies that infuse an estimated $1 billion into the local community annually. More than 4,000 people work on the campus. PTI is owned and operated by the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority. No local tax dollars are used to operate the airport.
The current passenger terminal facility began operations on October 9, 1982 and has undergone several renovations and expansions.
The passenger terminal building contains:
- 296,000 square feet of area on two public levels
- 65,000 square feet on the service level below ground level
- 25 aircraft parking positions adjacent to the two concourses
- Separate baggage claim and ticket counter areas for each concourse
The airfield facilities include three runways:
- The main runway 5/23 is 10,001 feet long
- The cross-wind runway 14/32 is 6,380 feet long
- Parallel Runway 5L/23R 9,000 feet long
A Marriott Hotel, housing 299 rooms, is located on the loop road between the terminal building complex and Ted Johnson Parkway.